Implementing an Idea-Management System
score: 2 (2 votes) ·
Hi pjeby, thanks for your comments!
Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with Roam nor am I part of their development. I'm a user just like everyone else.
I use Workflowy for mobile capture and can copy to/from it just fine. I use Chrome on macOS for Roam (through Nativefier), so I don't know why that isn't consistent. I've added it to their bug-report (which currently lives on Slack, very alpha!)
The interface scales really well, so if you want larger text (as I did), I highly recommend simply zooming in the browser.
The reading may be a subjective thing, I quite like it. I'm sure interface customisations are going to be in the works.
Linking to/from bullet-points and having backlinks show up is a large part of the draw for me.
Hammertime Day 2: Yoda Timers
score: 3 (2 votes) ·
1. I plan to take a sabattical next year. Wrote an impressive researcher in a field I'm interested about to hear about any research opportunities in the pipeline.
2. Formalised my morning-routine in a document to decrease time spent reading about other's meditation before I start my own. Reviewing notes from last session, finding a relevant passage in my book.
3. Set up a routine to stay in touch with a far-away friend. Asking kindly about thoughts on a subject, and about what I can help him with.
4. I'm often distracted in my long study sessions by a desire for food. Made a routine to ensure snacks are in my room, not in the dorm-kitchen, without them spoiling.
2. consisted of many sub-items, so I count it as 2 separate items ;-)
It seems this method is very useful for meaningful tasks with some negative affect that I've been putting off without any good reason. Thanks for this!