FLI report: Policymaking in the Pausepost by Zach Stein-Perlman · 2023-04-15T17:01:06.727Z · LW · GW · 3 comments
This is a link post for https://futureoflife.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/FLI_Policymaking_In_The_Pause.pdf
this policy brief provides policymakers with concrete recommendations for how governments can manage AI risks.
1. Mandate robust third-party auditing and certification.
2. Regulate access to computational power.
3. Establish capable AI agencies at the national level.
4. Establish liability for AI-caused harms.
5. Introduce measures to prevent and track AI model leaks.
6. Expand technical AI safety research funding.
7. Develop standards for identifying and managing AI-generated content and recommendations.
Comments sorted by top scores.