Weekly LW Meetupspost by FrankAdamek · 2013-08-23T15:38:23.693Z · score: 0 (1 votes) · LW · GW · Legacy · 1 comments
This summary was posted to LW Main on August 16th. The following week's summary is here.
New meetups (or meetups with a hiatus of more than a year) are happening in:
Other irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups are taking place in:
- Atlanta LessWrong: Games Night: 24 August 2013 06:00PM
- Bratislava Meetup VI.: 19 August 2013 06:00PM
- Brussels meetup: 17 August 2013 01:00PM
- Helsinki Meetup: 18 August 2013 02:00PM
- LessWrong Israel September meetup: 12 September 2013 08:00PM
- [Lyon] Picnic au Parc de la Tête d'Or: 17 August 2013 12:30PM
- Moscow: The Sunday Meetup: 18 August 2013 04:00PM
- Austin, TX: 17 August 2019 01:30PM
- London Social - The Unwelcome but Probable Decline and Fall of Direct Sunlight: 18 August 2013 02:00PM
- Vienna Meetup: 17 August 2013 03:00PM
- Washington DC Lojban meetup: 18 August 2013 03:00PM
- [Washington DC] Robin Hanson visits to talk about prediction markets: 08 September 2013 03:00PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Austin, Berkeley, Cambridge, MA, Cambridge UK, Columbus, London, Madison WI, Melbourne, Mountain View, New York, Research Triangle NC, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, Waterloo, and West Los Angeles. There's also a 24/7 online study hall for coworking LWers.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview will continue to be posted on the front page every Friday. These will be an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in the next weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll now also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts will be moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), St. Louis, Vancouver.
Whether or not there's currently a meetup in your area, you can sign up to be notified automatically of any future meetups. And if you're not interested in notifications you can still enter your approximate location, which will let meetup-starting heroes know that there's an interested LW population in their city!
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.
Comments sorted by top scores.