LW Update 2019-1-09 – Question Updates, UserProfile Sortingpost by Raemon · 2019-01-09T22:34:31.338Z · score: 30 (6 votes) · LW · GW · 2 comments
Streamlined Mobile Above-the-Fold Improved Q&A Features UserProfile and All Posts Sorting GreaterWrong now gets better spam protection Password Resetting None 2 comments
First update of 2019!
Streamlined Mobile Above-the-Fold
On mobile, logged out users now see cleaner, slightly sleeker collections of Rationality: A-Z, Codex and HPMOR. Logged in users see only one recommended sequence instead of 3.
Improved Q&A Features
We have a few quality-of-life improvements to the new question system:
- You can now move a comment into the answers section, if you later realize it was a pretty good answer.
- Answers that appear on the frontpage are now styled differently from comments.
- If you reply to an answer on the frontpage, on the corresponding Question page it now appears parented underneath the answer as intended.
UserProfile and All Posts Sorting
On User Profile pages, as well on the beta-testing All Posts page, there's now a reasonable method of sorting posts.
You can now sort posts by:
- top (highest karma)
- magic (our karma/time weighted algorithm)
- recentComments (most recently commented posts sorted to the top, along with new posts)
You also can filter posts so you only see Curated, Frontpage, Questions, Meta and Event. (By default, User Profiles, All Posts and Daily will show all post types)
GreaterWrong now gets better spam protection
We had previously implemented a filter so that new user's posts didn't appear on the home page until approved by an admin. But this only applied to specific frontpage post views. Now, it applies to all views by default, so GreaterWrong should get less spam in their All Posts page.
Resetting passwords should now work properly (previously it required an awkward workaround where you had to log out before you could reset it)
Comments sorted by top scores.