Does a site exist for keeping track of casual wagers with others?post by Liface · 2020-11-28T16:22:09.512Z · LW · GW · No comments
This is a question post.
I run into two situations where I want to wager:
- With a friend, about some future outcome
- With someone I'm having a debate with on the internet, as a way to settle the debate and test our beliefs
With friends, I've been tracking these wagers with a Google Calendar invitation, but this doesn't work as well with internet strangers (people don't feel comfortable as often sharing their email).
What I'm looking for is something similar to https://longbets.org/ where people can keep track of wagers and even open them up to public comment. Does something like this exist?
Features would be:
- Wager description and resolution criteria
- Amount wagered
- Odds given if not 1:1
- Resolution date
Nice to have:
- Some integration with crypto or payments or escrow to manage payouts
- Ability for public to comment on wagers and even clone them and make their own wagers
Comments sorted by top scores.