Recent updates to gwern.net (2015-2016)post by gwern · 2016-08-26T19:22:02.157Z · score: 27 (29 votes) · LW · GW · Legacy · 6 comments
"When I was one-and-twenty / I heard a wise man say, / 'Give crowns and pounds and guineas / But not your heart away; / Give pearls away and rubies / But keep your fancy free.' / But I was one-and-twenty, / No use to talk to me."
My past year of completed writings, sorted by topic:
- Embryo selection for intelligence cost-benefit analysis
- meta-analysis of intelligence GCTAs, limits set by measurement error, current polygenic scores, possible gains with current IVF procedures, the benefits of selection on multiple complex traits, the possible annual value in the USA of selection & value of larger GWASes, societal consequences of various embryo selection scenarios, embryo count versus polygenic scores as limiting factors, comparison with iterated embryo selection, limits to total gains from iterated embryo selection etc.
- Wikipedia article on Genome-wide complex trait analysis (GCTA)
- Computational Complexity vs the Singularity
- Adding metadata to an RNN for mimicking individual author style
- Armstrong’s AI control problem:
- Candy Japan new packaging decision analysis
- “The Power of Twins: Revisiting Student’s Scottish Milk Experiment Example”
- Genius Revisited: Critiquing the Value of High IQ Elementary Schools
- Inferring mean ethnic IQs from very high IQ samples like TIP/SMPY
Comments sorted by top scores.