Form and Feedback in Phenomenologypost by G Gordon Worley III (gworley) · 2018-01-24T19:42:30.556Z · score: 29 (6 votes) · LW · GW · 1 comments
My series of posts explaining the philosophical underpinnings of my ideas about AI alignment continues, this time by addressing topics that will serve as foundations for talking about the conscious agents we wish to align.
- Things exist ontologically as patterns within our experience of them.
- Things exist ontically as clusters of stuff within the world.
- Things exist ephemerally though chains of experiences creating the perception of time.
- Through ephemeral existence over time, things can feed back experiences of themselves to themselves, making them cybernetic, and in so doing create information.
- Things can exist within information, those things can experience themselves, and it’s from those information things that ontology, and thus consciousness, arises.
Read the whole thing here: https://mapandterritory.org/form-and-feedback-in-phenomenology-d44f4e5c72b3
Comments sorted by top scores.