Sunday June 28 – talks by johnswentworth, Daniel kokotajlo, Charlie Steiner, TurnTroutpost by jacobjacob, Ben Pace (Benito) · 2020-06-26T19:13:23.754Z · score: 26 (5 votes) · LW · GW · 1 comments
- Each talk will be 3-5 minutes followed by discussion. Afterwards, we'll have a hangout in breakout rooms. The talks will be short and focus on presenting one core idea well, rather than rushing through a lot of content.
- We want to give top LessWrong writers an interesting space to discuss their ideas, and have more fruitful collaboration between users. Think of it like a cross between an academic colloquium and some friends chatting by a whiteboard.
- johnswentworth — "Mazes and Duality"
- Daniel Kokotajlo — "Lessons on AI takeover from the conquistadors"
- Curated posts: Cortés, Pizarro, and Afonso as Precedents for Takeover [LW · GW], ...
- Charlie Steiner
- TurnTrout — “Power as easily exploitable opportunities”
When? Sunday June 28, at noon, Pacific Daylight Time
Where? On this zoom link.
Comments sorted by top scores.