Leon Lang (leon-lang)
March Coronavirus Open Thread
Is there anything precise known about the distribution over the severity of symptoms I should expect as a 20-30 year old? I'm in that age-group, that's why I'm interested.
So, what I'd like to know specifically, conditional on being infected, is:
- How likely would I be asymptomatic?
- How likely would I have symptoms not more severe than the common cold?
- How likely would symptoms comparable in severity to the flu (being mostly in the bed for maybe 2 weeks but nothing more)?
- How likely would I have mild to moderate pneumonia with which I could still stay at home?
- How likely would I need to go into the hospital and receive oxygen, but no mechanical ventilation?
- How likely would I need mechanical ventilation?
- How likely is it I might die even if I receive mechanical ventilation?